Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Independence Day!!!




Happy 4th of July! The forth has to be my favorite holiday, with Halloween a close second, and I wasn't really looking forward to it this year. With me being sick and trying new blood pressure meds and then Isaac getting his tonsils out and being sick it just seemed like it was going to be more work than it would be worth. It ended up being a pretty good day. We went to the parade (a whole 20 feet from our house). We didn't do the breakfast BBQ before hand like we did last year just because my mom was expecting so much company and I didn't feel good and Isaac has just been cranky because his throat hurts so we decided not to do it. I was glad. We got up and got ready and then walked down to the parade a few minutes before it started. Isaac really didn't like the motorcycles that went by. He usually loves them but there were about 150 and they were really loud and I think his ears are bothering him a little bit. He did okay for the rest of the parade. After the parade Terha and I went and browsed Target and bought a blow up swimming pool. We went over to moms and Terha sat in the ice cold water while Sam and I sat with our feet in. We had Milk Can dinner, SOOOO YUMMY! The fireworks event was a interesting one but ended up good. I was kinda grumpy (as I think everyone in my house is right now because of lack of sleep). I really didn't want to go and I didn't think Isaac was going to be that interested in them. (He screamed the night before for quite awhile while neighbors around us were lighting off theirs) So I expected it to be the same or worse with the big ones. Jeff loaded us in the car and we went (me being grumpy and Isaac crying) He took us to the spot we had marked off and unloaded us then went back to the house to get Drew so we wouldn't have more vehicles down there. The second he started to walk away Isaac started to scream because he wanted his Dad. Then Gracie started to cry because she was ready to eat. I got Isaac situated on a blanket and sat down on one next to him and was getting everything situated when he started throwing up all over himself and the blanket. All while half of Idaho is around us. I'm sure it was quite a sight. I got him cleaned up and of course he threw up on his Thomas the Train blanket and he didn't want the other ones so then he started screaming for Dad again. I grabbed another blanket wrapped him in it and we went "looking for dad". We just walked around our blankets a few times. He fell asleep, sound enough I was able to lay him down, which he hasn't done in a while. I was then able to take care of Gracie who thought she was starving to death. She fell asleep right after I fed her and Jeff and I were able to enjoy the fireworks. They were really good this year. After sitting there for those and listening to the music I was glad I went. Everything is just so much work becuase I don't feel good. I was glad the ride home was quick. They had a lot of police out directing traffic and it took no time at all to get home. I am so thankful I live here in America where I can do what I want, go to the church I want and have all the freedoms I have. We are so blessed.

No comments: