Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Home sweet home

I have been in the hospital since monday morning. I started feeling pretty yucky friday night and having a hard time breathing but I just thought it was probably left over crap from the cold I had a few weeks ago. Well by monday morning I was in tears so I called my doctors office and they told me with my history of problems I should go to the ER. I got to the ER and my blood pressure was 234/119. They were scared with the pain I was having that I had a blood clot in my lung. After having xrays and a cat scan it turns out it was pneumonia. They didn't tell me before the CT scan that I couldn't nurse Gracie for 48 hours after wards so I was really disapointed and sad. I told Jeff I wouldn't have had it done if I had known that but like Jeff said they wouldn 't have found the pneumonia (for some reason it didn't show up on the xray) and they wouldn't have seen all the other problems going on. I ended up having angioplasty tuesday morning and they placed another stent in my artery to my right kidney. They also found a aneurism in my right subclavian artery (the main artery to the right arm). The artery is suposed to measure 10 mm, in 2001 mine measuered 15 and in the angioplasty they measured it again and its at 22. My doctors not quite sure what he is going to do to fix it at this point so I guess we will just wait and see. I have to keep a very close eye on my blood pressure because he says that will make it worse. I'm just glad to be home with my babies.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm glad you're able to be home again, and I hope you're able to recover all the way very quickly. Good luck!