So during one of my many doctor's appointments I decided I better write all this fun scheduling stuff down. I may not go through hours of labor to get my babies here but I more than make up for that with the doctor's appointments and tests.
Monday~ Regular OB visit. These take anywhere from 5 min to 45 min. Just depends on how behind my doctor is. The office is usually great and it's only been once or twice that I've had to wait because he had to leave for a delivery.
On Monday's I also try to get over to the hospital to labor and delivery for my non-stress test that I have to do twice a week. Monday's usually work out good it's only been once that they were too full so I went on Tuesday. The NST is just the monitor they hook to your belly to measure movement, contractions, and baby's heart rate. They need to get a long enough consecutive feed of baby's heart rate to make sure there isn't any stress on baby. The tricky part is they need baby to move enough during that time that the heart rate shows them what they want but not too much so the monitor looses the baby's heart rate every time the nurse walks out of the room. If baby cooperates this can take as little as 20 minutes (hasn't happened yet) or the more usual for me is 1 to 2 hours.
Tuesday~ Day off (unless I need to make up for a missed NST from Monday)for my appointments and Grey has Speech Therapy.
Wednesday~ Doctor appointment with the maternal-fetal specialist and ultrasound. This usually takes around 2-4 hours min. The doctor flies in from SLC once a week and depending on the patients he sees before me they usually get really behind and then my time with them ranges from 30 minutes to a few hours depending on baby and my blood pressure.
Thursday~ I usually try to do my second NST for the week on Thursdays and then I usually have some sort of lab work to get done at the hospital. Gracie also has speech therapy on Thursdays as well.
Friday~ I don't have anything scheduled but I usually have to return to the hospital for follow up on my blood work or to return my 24 hour collections.
Add on that Isaac starting school next Monday and taking and picking him up every day plus just the random things like the grocery store and Walmart. By the time I get home from my appointments I'm so tired and worn out that I don't want to move from my bed. What's funny is every Wednesday the maternal fetal doctor gives me a lecture on how bad my swelling is and how I'm not laying down enough. I always tell him if I didn't have to wait in the waiting room for 3 hours to see him I could lay down a lot more. He doesn't find it very funny. Then I remind him I'm his favorite patient and he would be bored without the stress and high blood pressure I give him. He usually agrees :)
No comments:
Post a Comment