Saturday, October 27, 2007

Great Deal!!!

One of my favorite things is to see all the great deals people find. I'm usually not one of them but I like looking at everyone else's great finds. There are quite a few blogs that give you "deal" tips and show you the things they were able to get for a steal. I always look and think wow that's great and never do much else with it. I then started analyzing why. There is all that money out there to be saved and it's not like Jeff and I have a money tree in our backyard so I really should be doing everything I can to save our family money.
So here are my reasons...
1. Time~It feels like it would take so much time to find coupons, find who has what at the best deal and then run to 14 different stores to save me $5, even though I didn't really save it because I just spent that much in gas running all over town.
2. Money~ You have to spend money to save money and I don't want to pay to get the paper which is where the ads and coupons are.
3. After watching for quite awhile the people who are saving amazing amounts of money aren't doing it on food it's on all the paper and toiletry stuff. That is great! Everyone loves a deal especially when it's on hand soap, shampoo, laundry soap, dish soap, etc. Here's the thing. I don't have to buy that stuff. No not because we don't shower or wash our clothes but because that is one of the perks of my hubby's job. We get $80 dollars in free cleaning products, vitamins, bath products and even some of my facial care, makeup, and now cereal and crackers.
4. Lazy~ Just thinking about the time thing makes me tired and I would rather go to one store, get everything I need and get out even if that means paying a little more.

I do have to say though I might have saved enough money on this last find to excuse all the other times I don't bargain hunt. Gracie was in need of shoes. I found this website. There were some cute shoes. Not a ton in Gracie's size and I really wanted a pair of black dress shoes for winter. So I book marked a couple and went on with my journey. A couple hours later I'm checking a message board and there is a coupon code for that website . Yeah well that code gets you 85% off of your order of any regular priced item!!! I went and started filling up my cart. I ended up getting Gracie 5 pairs of shoes and with shipping my total was $28!!!!! I got her two pairs in the size she is now, one in the next size and 2 in the size after that. I pretty much picked the ones that I loved and got the smallest size they had that was bigger than the size she needs. They have a ton of cute little boy shoes but none big enough for Isaac so if you have a little man with normal size feet you might be in luck.
Here are the shoes




2 comments:

Tracy said...

You have just outlined all the reasons I don't bargain shop. Well, except for the free toiletries. It's nice to know I am not the only one!

Good deal on the shoes!! Way to go!!

Shelly said...

I agree with those reasons....I am so bad about actually taking the time to sit down, cut coupons and then go to the right stores....