
For our anniversary Jeff told me to pick a Broadway show that I really wanted to see and he would buy the tickets and find a babysitter. I went back and forth between quite a few of them. My list of shows I want to see is quite long. I really want to see Mary Poppins, Legally Blonde, Hairspray, Mamma Mia, Jersey Boys, and I'm sure there are more that I can't remember right now but the two that were on the top of my list were Wicked and The Little Mermaid. I had the hardest time picking between those two. I have heard from many people that both are AMAZING. So it came down to the fact that I know Wicked is coming to SLC next year and I know Disney shows are a ton better on actual Broadway so I picked Mermaid. We were running a little behind and ended up having to run through Times Square to get to our seats just as the curtain was coming up to start the show.
The show was just plain amazing. The costumes and music were incredible. I just have to say where was I in heaven when all these amazingly talented people were standing in their talent lines. I told my mom I must have been busy enjoying a cupcake or something and forgot to grab me some talent. The cast for this show was in every line possible.
Sierra Boggess that plays Ariel is not only beautiful but has the most beautiful voice. On top of those two things (like that's not enough) she can dance. Not only can she just dance but her and all the other "merpeople" and fish danced on roller shoes so they could "swim". Okay put me on a stage with lights and other people and tons of props and ask me to sing, remember lines and dance and I would make a fool out of myself but then put me on skates and it would be quite the entertainment to say the least.
They picked the perfect person for each character and I felt like I had been thrown into the magical world of Disney. I loved the guy that was Sebastian and we even had the "part time" guy. He had an amazing voice and fit the voice and mannerisms perfectly. I have to say that my goose bump moment was when Trevor Braun, the little boy that plays Flounder, sang his song She's in love. (It's a new one for the Broadway show). That little boy was skating around dancing and acting with the best of them and was fantastic but the moment he started singing that song I think my jaw flew open. That little guy has got some serious talent.
It was so fun singing along (in my head of course, I don't sing out loud if anyone is within listening distance) to the songs I have loved since I was little and I love the new songs just as much. Actually a few of the newer ones have become my favorites that I am always singing (again in my head). I loved every minute of it and would see it again in a heartbeat. I wish I had the money to fly my baby sister out here so she could see it. The Little Mermaid was her favorite Disney movie and I know she would love this just as much as I did.
1 comment:
I bet that was so much fun. Wicked is an awesome show, you will HAVE to go see it in SLC. I loved it!!
Post a Comment