Popcorn popping on the apricot tree. Today is officially the last day I can sing that song and really look out the window and see the apricot tree. It is being chopped down tomorrow. I love the tree in the spring when the popcorn is popping. The blossoms are so pretty. I love the shade the tree provides and it's not too big or too small. The only problem is that in the next few weeks the apricots will start dropping. It wouldn't be a problem if we could use them for something like jam but we have too many squirrels. The squirrels will sit up in the tree and take one bite out of the apricot and then throw them at my dogs. It's funny to watch but ripe apricots make a HUGE mess. When they are dropping I hate letting Isaac out there because it seems like he's always stepping in them and then I have a sticky mess through my whole house. So I finally talked Jeff into taking the tree down. Good by apricot tree.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
I looked out the window and what did I see...
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree. Today is officially the last day I can sing that song and really look out the window and see the apricot tree. It is being chopped down tomorrow. I love the tree in the spring when the popcorn is popping. The blossoms are so pretty. I love the shade the tree provides and it's not too big or too small. The only problem is that in the next few weeks the apricots will start dropping. It wouldn't be a problem if we could use them for something like jam but we have too many squirrels. The squirrels will sit up in the tree and take one bite out of the apricot and then throw them at my dogs. It's funny to watch but ripe apricots make a HUGE mess. When they are dropping I hate letting Isaac out there because it seems like he's always stepping in them and then I have a sticky mess through my whole house. So I finally talked Jeff into taking the tree down. Good by apricot tree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment