Friday, September 28, 2007

Gracie

I would love to do one of those look a like meters for Gracie but for any of you that know her you know she doesn't hold still to save her life so the pictures I do have of her it's usually a blur. Like this one

or these


Poor Gracie is going to look back at her life's pictures and wonder if she really existed or if she was just a blur running past the camera. She took a fall down our back stairs the other night and her poor little nose and top lip are so scratched up. I tried to take a picture but no luck. All I could get was her turning her head as soon as I pushed the button. I would take one while she's sleeping but she's like her mama and is a tummy sleeper and there is no part of me that wants to risk waking her up for a picture of her owie.
I've been thinking a lot lately about her sweet little spirit. She is my wild one. She is so busy and I love her to death. She keeps me on my toes. Her and Isaac are truly polar opposites. It will be interesting to see what their relationship is like as they grow up.
Gracie loves to explore. She is scared of nothing. She loves to climb. She especially loves to climb if once she gets to a higher place she can hang upside down. Her favorite things to climb include, chairs, tables, bookshelves, fireplace mantles, high chairs, laundry carts, dog dish stands and drawers. Those are the things I have found her either climbing, hanging from or standing next to after they have fallen over because she was climbing on them. She loves to dance on the dining room table. I'm not sure if it's because she loves being up high, if she loves the sound it makes or if it's because she loves seeing me have to get her off of there 50 million times a day. There has not been a dull moment since Gracie came to our family. I am so thankful for all the things she has taught me. I've learned that it doesn't matter if my house is clean, she destroys it anyway, but it does matter if I've sat down and had fun and learned something from my kids because they are only this age once. They truly are here to teach me.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I love the name Gracie-it's so cute. And she's cute too!