
Happy Birthday Dad! We wish we were closer so we could share today with you.
My favorite memories of my dad
*I loved having morning kindergarten because that meant I got to come home and watch Tom and Jerry with my Dad.
*I remember my dad always having a book or a crossword puzzle. I think my appreciation for books came from seeing his love for reading.
*He is the nicest, most mellow man I know. I have never seen him loose his temper or get angry.
*He has an amazing way of getting even the most impossible baby to sleep.
*I remember going camping as a kid and my dad getting up before everyone to get the fire going and to go fishing. I loved fishing with my dad. I hated the worms and I still to this day hate eating fish but the actual event of us fishing will always be one of my favorite things. I remember him gutting the fish and me thinking he was the smartest man alive because he could tell if the fish was a boy or a girl.
*He came to girls camp with us every year and brought his famous hammock. It was so nice having my dad up there every year. Especially the year I broke my tail bone. He taught me how to tie knots, how to start different fires, first aid, etc.
*My dad was my softball coach all through grade school. It made a huge difference having a patient, loving person teaching us the ins and outs of softball.
*He was always there to help me with science projects, homework, building my rocket in 6th grade, making my pinewood derby car, and any other little thing that seemed to always need done.
I love you dad. Thank you for all you do for us. You are the greatest Dad and I appreciate you so much! Have a wonderful day!
3 comments:
happy birthday!
What a nice little tribute. Your dad seems like a great guy.
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment