Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Swimming Lessons

Isaac started swimming lessons on Monday. Let's just say I am having a lot harder of a time with it than he is. The reason I have put it off all summer is I was sure that he needed me to be with him. To help him do the things the teacher wanted him to and to encourage him. Turns out he is old enough to follow directions and listen. I knew that, I just don't want to think that he doesn't need me. So my little boy is growing up. I'm having a hard time with it this week. I have a ton of anxiety before it's time to go to swimming lessons. He's bouncing at the door saying lets go and I'm the one kicking and screaming saying I don't want to (all in my head of course). So here are some pictures. He is doing so good. He will put his head under water, back float, use the kick board and jump in off the edge. One of the games they play is a shark and fishy game. One person is the shark and stands out a little bit and says fishy, fishy come and play. The other kids come to the shark tap him on the shoulder and then they all race back to the wall of the pool and try to get there before the shark gets them. Well Isaac was the first one to be the shark. Since the kids are three their teacher Nicole walked them through all of it. So the other kids come and tap Isaac on the shoulder and then Nicole says "hurry guys, use your scoopers and swim back to the wall before the shark gets you!". Isaac starts bawling, grabs ahold of Nicole's neck and is strangling her he's holding on so tight, he's trying to hold his legs out of the water and he's screaming! "where is the shark, I don't like sharks, don't let the shark get me!" How cute is that. She started laughing (so was everyone else) and she explained to him that he was the shark and they were just pretending. Now that's the only game he wants to play. So cute...



1 comment:

Jenny said...

i kind of went through the same thing when bentley started swimming lessons. it will be much worse this year when i send him to kindergarten. (sniffle sniffle)