Thursday, April 03, 2008

Gracie the Spider Monkey


Gracie is a climber. She climbs everything! I look around in this home and I don't think there is one thing that I have not had to pull her down off of. That girl loves to climb. Well I guess last night she decided she had climbed up everything else in the house so why not try the windows. I have a large window that my couch is up against. Well she climbed up on the back of the couch (which is a regular thing anyway) and stood up and put her hands as high up as she could on the window. She stuck her fingers to it like she knew exactly what she was doing. It looked like she thought she had spider man fingers. She then proceeded to pull one leg up on the window and stick her toes to the window. She was in the perfect Spider man position. Then she tried, she tried and tried, for what seemed like forever to position her fingers and one leg in just the right manner so she could bring her other foot up. Of course the batteries in my camera were dead so I'm scrambling trying to find the plug in for it but by then she decided maybe another day and had fun with her latest enjoyment, standing straight up on the back of the couch and then jumping to the floor. No pillows no cushins, just jumping. The girl has no fear and she gives me a heart attack atleast 5 times a day.

4 comments:

Kizzie said...

Avery has stared climbing everything too...it drives me crazy! He loves to climb up on the window sill and scale the living room window!
Kids...!

The Browning Family said...

Too Cute! I am glad we skipped over the climbing stage!

Jenny said...

oh boy. good luck w/ that one. my boys are climbers, but have yet to try windows. :) too funny.

Dave & Melissa said...

LOL How cute! I can totally picture Gracie doing that. I'm so glad my kids have never been climbers. Ofcourse, now that I've said that #3 will pop out and be up on the counters, bookshelves and windows in no time. Better knock on wood! Have a great day!
Melissa