Saturday, June 14, 2008

Bathroom After Pictures

All I can say is I am soooooo glad that bathroom project is over and that it turned out even more beautiful that I had dreamed in my little head. There is still some finish work that needs done. The rest of the baseboards need put in and the molding around the window and then the accent and decorative stuff but you get the idea. I can not even believe I am putting these horrible pictures on here of what my bathroom used to look like but I think it helps you appreciate how much work it was and why I am so so thankful and so so in love with my new bathroom. The old bathroom was the main reason I didn't like inviting people over to our house. I was too afraid they would need to use the bathroom and I was too embarrassed for anyone to see it how it was. There was carpet in there too so I am so excited to have a tile floor I can sweep and mop. We started out thinking we were going to hurry and put a new floor down and a new toilet in until we got back from NY because that's all we had time for. Well after Jeff started moving things around in the bathroom to get the floor ready we realized we had a huge problem. There had been a water leak under the tub and because of the box around it we had no idea. The water had totally rotted away the base floor and the joists underneath. It all needed ripped up and redone. Well since we had to rip up the entire floor that meant taking out everything and since we needed to fix the plumbing to take care of the leak we figured why not do what we were planning on doing when we got home from NY. So we redid the plumbing to the whole house moved my washer and dryer downstairs into a new laundry room and rearranged the bathroom. It was a lot bigger of a project than we had the time or money for but it all worked out great and I am so glad it's done. (well almost) Now it makes me want to do the rest of the house. :) Thanks everybody that helped make our beautiful bathroom.

View from Door Before

View from door After

View to right before

View to right after

The space behind the shower will have built in cupboards for laundry basket and a linen closet.


View to left. Where the toilet was

Tile Floor. It's the same tile as the dark tiles in the accent of the shower.

Photo of the full wall the shower is on. We closed off the window that was on this wall. This is where the sink and water heater used to be. We installed can lighting as well as a center light with fan.



3 comments:

Buffy said...

Good job - the bathroom looks so great! I love the tile and the pattern in the showe. It looks really good!

Beverly Jones said...

Your bathroom looks amazing. We have very similar tastes. I love the vanity, tile, lights... It all works so well together. I was in IF yesterday and almost stopped to see if your rental guy was there and see if I could pick up my skirt. Let me know if that's possible. Bev

Jenny said...

the bathroom looks wonderful! nice job.