Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 4th!!

We had a good day. It was different than the traditions we are used to but we made it fun and had a good day. Here is my Red, White, and Blue dressed children.

After lunch we went swimming until miss grumpy needed a nap.
After nap the kids watched Nemo on the projector TV while the mom's made dinner.
After dinner the kids got to enjoy watermelon. Gracie loved it and I stopped counting how many pieces she ate. Surprisingly Isaac also really liked it. He has been eating more things lately.

Then we watched the fireworks from our balcony.


Jeff got off early enough that he was able to make it home in time for the fireworks. It was so nice seeing him. The kids loved having him home. We were hoping to see the big NYC fireworks but it was really cloudy and with all the storms we could only see a little bit of them but there was a big show just a few blocks away that we had a perfect view of. After the fireworks we went back up to Jay and Camille's and watched Wipeout on the projector tv. Camille and I have watched it with the kids but the husbands hadn't seen it yet.
Just to let you all know what a celebrity little miss Gracie is we were out on the balcony waiting for the fireworks to start. It was completely dark outside because everyone had turned off their balcony lights to watch the fireworks. I was holding Gracie and we were looking for a dog (her favorite thing to do on the balcony). Next thing I hear from two floors down and one over is a lady say "Is that Gracie?" I said yes and the lady says "Hi Gracie, are you going to watch the fireworks? Where is Meow?" Gracie waved and said Hi and said something else to the lady that I have no idea what it was. There are 20 floors to our apartment building and there are 8 apartments on each floor and yeah, I'm pretty sure all of them know and are in love with Gracie.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Looks like a great way to spend the Fourth!!

Ours was pretty lowkey, since Ryan had to work.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. That's too funny that she has made friends with everyone there. Cute.

Jenny said...

glad you had a nice 4th. we went last minute to idaho and got to be there for the parade. so fun. :) missed seeing you!

Anonymous said...

I love the new postings! I'm so glad you have other children around for them to play with or should I say live with. That is great. Bronx is very interesting.