Sunday, July 27, 2008

Times Square

Another thing on your list of things to see in NY should be Times Square at night. We had hopped on the subway and were going to go to Central Park but it was starting to get late and I didn't feel comfortable being there when it was starting to get dark and I wanted to be able to spend some time there walking around and enjoying the scenery so we hopped off the subway we were on and decided to head to Times Square so we could see it all lit up at night. We got off the subway and headed up the stairs and walked out onto the street and it was just like walking into a movie. It was amazing! The kids just stopped and stared and I'm pretty sure Jeff and I did too. Isaac really wanted something to drink so we headed to McDonalds to grab something to drink. Everything there is all in lights. It's so cool to just walk around and see it all. I knew the area of Times Square was big but I didn't realize how big and how much area it takes up and all of it is lights. It was getting late for our two little ones so we walked down one of the streets and went into M&M world for a minute. Jeff and I have already started making a list of all the places in Times Square we want to go see. We both agreed that it can be a full day all by itself with all there is to see and do. All the jumbo Tv's with commercials and the news on them were so fun to just sit and watch.
Just to prove that Isaac can sleep anywhere he fell asleep in the middle of Times Square even with all the lights, people and noise. He stayed asleep for our subway ride back to the ferry and the ferry ride. I'm sure Jeff can tell you how heavy he can get.

No comments: