Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Our View and Sunset

We have a great view from our apartment building. I wish my camera would take a good photo of my view of NYC. It's just amazing and breathtaking on the days there are no clouds or fog. Today was a perfect day. There were very little clouds in the sky and with the bright blue sky and the skyline of the city it was so neat to just sit and watch. Just as equally impressive is the night time view. As I sit here I am looking out the windows at all the lights of NYC. We have been getting night time storms so I haven't been able to see the lights of the city for a few nights and I've missed it. We have floor to ceiling windows and sliding glass doors in two out of the four walls in our living room which gives me a view of NYC to the East and then all the way around to the west.
The Empire State Building just stands out and is so bright and tall compared to all the other buildings surrounding it. I can't imagine what the skyline would have looked like with the twin towers all lit up. Tonight is the first night it has been clear enough for me to be able to see the lights of the Brooklyn Bridge. I love sitting here in my quiet apartment looking over there and imagining all the people and cars that are busily running around. The city is to the east of us and we are luck enough to have a corner apartment that faces it. Because we have a corner apartment our balcony is larger than the others and wraps around the building so I also have a perfect sunset view. The sunset last night was just beautiful and I went out and played around with the settings on my camera.
This is the view to the west.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I keep forgetting you're in NJ!